On an invitation-only basis, the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust funds primarily nonprofit organizations in Arizona and Indiana that align closely with our giving areas: Helping People in Need, Protecting Animals and Nature, and Enriching Community Life.
Before beginning the application process, review our 2022 Guidelines.
The first step in our process is a conversation and, if invited, the submittal of an online Letter of Intent. This is the starting point even if you have applied for or received a Trust grant in the past.
Once you have been approved to submit an application, follow the instructions to submit information to the Trust.
Grantees must complete an entire grant year – and file a final grant report – prior to reapplication.
Please follow these instructions even if you have applied for or received a Trust grant in the past.
Note: The Trust does not accept unsolicited applications.
- To begin the process for a Trust grant, first review the 2022 Guidelines and FAQ before contacting the Trust offices.
- In order to receive consideration for funding, the Trust requires that a representative from your organization consult with program staff at least two months prior to the application deadline. During this conversation, the Trust will determine if your request is a fit and if your organization should move to the next step.
Submit your letter of intent
- If program staff determines that your request has potential for funding, your organization will be invited to submit a Letter of Intent through the Trust’s online grants management system.
- If approved to submit an application, you will receive a system-generated email with instructions for completing your application.
- To ensure you receive all emails from the Trust, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list, address book or contacts.
If your organization has never applied for funding from the Trust, you must create your organization’s user profile. The following is required to establish an account:
- A user name that is an email address
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number
- Contact information for the organization’s executive officer
If Trust staff invites your organization to apply, please log in to access the system and create and manage your account.
Please note: For the best user experience when accessing our Online Grants Management System, we suggest using one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 14 or higher, Firefox 9 or higher, or Safari 4 or higher. It is fine to use Internet Explorer, but you may encounter some minor technical issues.
Managing your online account
Once your account is set up, a dashboard is displayed each time you log in. From the dashboard, you can:
- Edit your contact information
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
- View details and complete the report process for grant awards
A user’s account may only be connected to one organization. If you are a grantwriter for multiple organizations, please contact Rachel Weaver at email@example.com.