Whether your organization is just getting started in the nonprofit space or you are looking to sharpen communication skills and improve results, this Communications Toolkit presents best practices, tips and successful examples curated from communications and nonprofit experts.
Tips for Promoting Your Grant
- Consult the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust Brand Identity Standards guide for name and logo usage.
- Consider writing and distributing a press release to your community. Here are two templates to get you started.
- Tag and follow local news organizations, the Trust and partner agencies on social media.
- Share information about your grant on your website and in your organization’s annual reports, newsletters, professional groups and committees, donor communications, and social media pages.
- Share media coverage you receive about your grant and related projects through your newsletters, social media pages, and website.
- Contact the Trust for assistance with quotes, logos, graphics, images, media contacts and social media content.
Director of Communications and External Relations
Communications Best Practices
Nonprofit Communications Planning
Guidance for nonprofits that are just getting started with supporter communications and engagement planning.
Template: 2021 Online/Digital Communications Strategy
Storytelling & Branding
The Power of Storytelling
A masterfully told story is the foundation of your organization’s effective communications.
How to Define and Portray Your Brand
Brand guidelines are a key part of your nonprofit branding strategy that encompass everything your brand is and wants to be.
Social Media Tips
Social media is a driving force in nonprofit communications and fundraising. Here are tips to enhance your organization’s social media presence.
Sharpen Your Social Media Profile
You can sharpen your organization’s social media profile in under an hour.
The Ultimate Nonprofit Video Marketing Strategy
Video continues to hold the lead for consumers as the most compelling communications vehicle for nonprofit marketing. Begin developing your video marketing strategy.
Nonprofit Videos: Maximizing Fundraising
With digital media continuing to dominate the way we receive information, video messaging is becoming more and more crucial to fundraising.
Beginners Guide to Shooting Video on Your Phone
Effective Nonprofit Newsletters
Examine eight effective nonprofit newsletters and learn how to incorporate their winning elements into your own.
Coming up dry on newsletter story ideas? Here are 24 story prompts to get you writing.
Top Features from Best Nonprofit Websites
Your nonprofit website can make or break your organization. That’s the unfortunate reality these days when so much happens online. But, organizations that do the right things online see their memberships grow and donations flow.
Tips from the Experts
Media professionals provide media relations tips for nonprofits.