Submitting a proposal
The Trust requires that a representative of your organization speak with a program officer one month prior to submitting a proposal.
The Trust only accepts applications submitted through its website.
To submit a proposal you will need an e-mail address and your organization’s IRS tax ID number. You also must be able to attach all required materials. This means that you must have the documents stored electronically and accessible to upload during the online proposal process.
Trust staff will email a representative from your organization, after the consultation about the proposed request with a Trust program officer, the appropriate application form, budget template, application guidelines and checklist. The checklist will outline required attachments based on the type of support requested.
The items below are required for all requests:
- Narrative application for funding (eight page limit) to include the logic model
- Completed Trust budget form with a line-item justification page describing the breakdown of expenses that potential Trust funds would support (i.e., list specific positions for salary and benefit support, detailed list of supplies, etc.)
- Strategic plan
- Business plan, including information on long-term financial sustainability
- Current annual operating budget and previous year’s operating budget, including projected and actual revenue and expenses
- Audited financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year. (If unavailable, you may submit unaudited financials in the same format)
- Listing of any other support already received and/or pledged (include sources and amounts)
- Board of Directors roster (include names, titles and business affiliations)
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- IRS Form 990 (most recent)
- Completed Proposal Checklist/Signature page.
Proposals will be accepted on or before the due date. The Trust appreciates those organizations that submit prior to the deadline.
All materials must be received electronically no later than noon the day of the deadline. The Trust makes no exceptions.